TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — The Coronado National Forest (CNF) is hosting a weekend event packed with trail mapping, hiking, camping, and sign installation.
The event will take place from December 16th through 18th, 2022.
Hikers will be hiking through the trail in the Galiuro Wilderness to identify and map user-developed trails and install several Wilderness Boundary signs.
CNF says they will be hiking up to 4 miles per day to access the work areas.
If you’d like to sign up click here.
What to Bring:
- Day bag/backpack
- Water bottles (3 liters per day)
- Food: breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner (one group dinner will be provided at no cost)
- long-sleeve shirt, long pants, sunglasses/safety glasses, and closed-toe shoes are mandatory to participate in volunteer work
- Rain jacket and extra layers
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat
- Personal Camping Gear (tent, sleeping bag, pad, headlamp, plate/bowl/utensil, toiletries, etc)
- Fun stuff (hammock, frisbee, guitar, etc)
Corey Salmon is a real-time editor and associate producer for KGUN 9. He was born in New York but has lived in Tucson for over 10 years. Share your story ideas and important issues with Corey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by connecting on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.