Fire service tells people not to use camping stoves indoors at winter


‘DON’T use camping stoves, barbecues or patio heaters in your home’.

That’s the message from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service who have issued a warning to people who might be using them to keep warm or cook with this winter in a bid to save money.

The fire service said using stoves or barbecues indoors is “really dangerous” and can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning.

Posting on social media, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We know people are trying to find cheaper ways to stay warm and cook at home this winter but, please do not be tempted to use camping stoves, BBQs or patio heaters inside your property.”

The spokesperson added: “Using camping stoves or barbecues indoors is really dangerous. They are designed to be used outside only, and they can cause carbon monoxide poisoning – even if you have the doors and windows open.

“It’s the same with patio heaters, they are only suitable to use outside.”

For tips and advice on how to save safely this winter, people can visit


Source link

Scroll to Top